Will your next travel assignment as an occupational therapist be in Los Angeles? As you might imagine, there is so much to do and see there. But where do you begin? Don’t let the countless choices overwhelm you. We’ll give you some ideas to help you make a list of your own and have an exciting stay.
Things to Do During Your LA Travel Assignment
Los Angeles has scores of museums. Whether you’re interested in art, science, culture or history, there is a museum for you. Some of the most frequently visited museums are listed below. Visit their websites for a calendar of events.
- The Getty Center – Located on a campus of 24 acres, this museum features vintage and modern paintings, photographs, sculptures and a variety of other art forms. Enjoy the 34,000 square-foot Central Garden and tree-lined walkways around the Center.
- The Griffith Observatory – Exhibits, a planetarium and a theatre are options for education in astronomy.
- The Nethercutt Collection – Home to over 250 European and American automobiles, the Nethercutt is a classic car enthusiast’s delight.
When you’re on a travel assignment in Los Angeles, you’ll have access to many theme parks, amusement parks, nature parks and beaches. Some of the most popular include:
- Universal Studios Hollywood – Have a full day of fun. If you have children, or if you are a kid at heart, the movie-themed rides, shows and attractions create fun memories.
- Los Angeles County Garden and Arboretum – 127 acres of plants and beautifully designed landscapes await you. At a respectful distance, watch migratory birds, small reptiles and mammals in their habitat.
- Beaches – Enjoy the crowd and people watch at popular Santa Monica Beach and Venice Beach. If you prefer a quieter scene, visit Will Rogers State Beach. There are many more beaches in the LA area to choose from.
Los Angeles is often listed as one of the best places to shop in the U.S. Get the latest in clothing, jewelry and unique gifts. Choose from an abundance of flea markets, boutiques and shopping malls.
LA is so culturally diverse that you’ll never run out of options for trying different foods. Excite your palate with flavors from a variety of ethnic restaurants, including some these:
Treat Yourself to a Luxurious Spa Day
Your role as an occupational therapist can be physically demanding.LA boasts some of the most luxurious spas in the country. Treat yourself to a spa day, and relax and rejuvenate in luxury. Check a spa’s online reviews before you schedule an appointment.
Looking for an Occupational Therapist Travel Assignment in LA?
Has your interest in a travel assignment in Los Angeles been ignited? The team at Cross Country Allied can make it happen. We’ve helped thousands of occupational therapists find assignments throughout the U.S. We can do the same for you. Browse our available opportunities and get started today.